[phenixbb] Improving picture quality of ED map in PYMOL

Lari Lehtiö lari.lehtio at abo.fi
Tue Sep 1 23:02:30 PDT 2009

Hi,

I do it like this:
First just type

> ray
> save junk.png

Read the resolution, multiply by 4 or 5 depending on the intended
printed size. Should keep the geometry, which is nice if you have a
stereo view.

> ray 4*x,4*y
> save highresolution.png

You can also test different mesh settings like mesh_width
http://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Category:Settings

There is also a pymol mailing list, you could ask more detailed questions.

~L~

Lari Lehtiö
Pharmacy, Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacy
Åbo Akademi University,
BioCity, FIN-20520 Turku
Finland
+358 2 215 4270