[phenixbb] Partially occupied SO4 and waters

Mayer, Mark (NIH/NICHD) [E] mayerm at mail.nih.gov
Tue Oct 20 17:03:57 PDT 2009

You can do grouped occupancy refinement, which will force the
het atoms associated with each AC to follow the side chain
occupancies, which will prevent the sum of protein and
hetatom occupancies exceeding a value of one. NB
the het atoms must have altloc flags in the PDB.

You can try refining  occupancies without groups
(Phenix refine occupancies for any atoms with Q < 1)
but without groups you might find everything sums to > 1.

Pavel may have better suggestions.

Mark