[phenixbb] PHENIX 1.5 and exploding residues - Problem solved

Antony Oliver antony.oliver at icr.ac.uk
Tue Oct 6 06:09:31 PDT 2009

Dear all,

Making sure that the individual sites refinement was switched on (i.e.
the tick box checked in the Refinement settings window) solved the
problem.
A slightly embarrassing error on my part I am afraid.

The new GUI is taking a little while to get used to - but I am really
appreciating the many new features!

With regards,

Tony.

On 6 Oct 2009, at 12:50, Schubert, Carsten [PRDUS] wrote:

> Tony,
>
> are things exploding right out of phenix when viewed in another
> program
> or when you do a real-space refinement in let's say coot? A likely
> culprit is probably a  mismatch between the monomer definitions and
> your
> atom names. Try to narrow it down to the residues/ligands which are
> exploding, some of them looked OK in your picture, may be you have a
> non-standard aminoacid present? Then check the atom names and residue
> names against the monomer definitions. The monomer file location can
> be
> queried with phenix.where_mon_lib_list_cif.
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Carsten

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.