[phenixbb] occupancy refinement

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Tue Nov 24 12:23:09 PST 2009

Hi Maia,

I presume you are refining one occupancy per whole ligand (asuming that the ligand site is partially occupied), and not individual occupancies one per atom.
I think the best criteria are:

- the refined values of overall occupancy and individual B-factors;
- electron density maps: 2mFo-DFc and mFo-DFc.

Depending on ligand size, or better say, on the ratio whole_model_size/ligand_size, the R-factors (Rfree, specifically) may not be the best measures since they may not be sensitive enough to very local changes.

Pavel.