[phenixbb] R-free rules

Nathaniel Echols NEchols at lbl.gov
Fri Nov 13 14:59:49 PST 2009

On Nov 13, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Bryan W. Lepore wrote:
> in the phenix.reflection_file_editor gui not sure i understand this:
>
> [x] Extend existing R-free array(s) ... [R-free flags generation] <--+
>  |                                                                   |
>  |                                                                   |
>  +-if this is checked, then do NOT check "Generate R-free flags" in
> here
>
> ... because "extend" is not the same as "generate", right?

For 1.5-2, this is correct.  Actually, looking back at the code in
that version, it looks like the generate option will even cause
existing R-free arrays to be ignored - I'm not sure why I thought this
was necessary.  However, in the recent nightly builds, none of the
parameters conflict, and there are multiple options for generating
flags, which were added for the command-line program.  So, in the new
version, you can extend an existing set and create a new one at the
same time.

Nathaniel Echols
Lawrence Berkeley Lab
510-486-5136