[phenixbb] Water/residue alternative conformations

Roeland Boer rbocri at ibmb.csic.es
Fri May 29 08:44:27 PDT 2009

Dear Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed the altlocs of the residue and the
water so that they are consistent (the water molecule replaces alt conf
B of res 13, which is the lower occupancy alt conf, and makes a H-bond
with alt conf A of res13) but the water is still pushed away. The
updated lines used for the occupancy refinement:

      constrained_group {
        selection = chain A and resseq 13 and altloc B
        selection = (chain A and resseq 13 and altloc A) or (resname HOH
and resseq 1519 and altloc A)
      }

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I see this happening a
lot throughout the structure.

Thanks,
Roeland.