[phenixbb] ncs restraint

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Mon May 18 15:14:16 PDT 2009

Could you try this?

refinement.ncs.restraint_group {
  reference = chain I and not (resid 18 or resid 61 or resid 63 or resid 64 or resid 82)"
  selection = chain J and not (resid 18 or resid 61 or resid 63 or resid 64 or resid 82)"
}

Or slightly more compact:

refinement.ncs.restraint_group {
  free_residues = (resid 18 or resid 61 or resid 63 or resid 64 or resid 82)
  reference = chain I and not $free_residues
  selection = chain J and not $free_residues
}

BTW: You can use the command

  phenix.pdb_atom_selection

to try out atom selections (to check if the syntax is correct and to see
the list of selected atoms).

In recent versions of the phenix.refine GUI, you can check the atom
selections visually.

Ralf