[phenixbb] AutoMr

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Sat May 9 12:02:17 PDT 2009

Hi Zhongli,

Here are some ideas for you:

If the LLG is negative, it may mean that the RMSD/sequence identity is
not set quite right. Alternatively the number of copies could be off.

What resolution is your data? Check the R-factor of the MR model
before and after a quick refinement.  Are they somewhat reasonable
(i.e., <48% starting, <43% after a little refinement)?  Lower numbers
than this would indicate that the model is pretty good.

You can run autobuild with your target sequence and MR.1.pdb and it
will edit the model for you if it can...

If you have 2 different models that fit the data...check to see if
they really are the same model.  Easiest way:

	phenix.get_cc_mtz_mtz   2FOFC_model_1.mtz   2FOFC_model_2.mtz

will see if there is a simple translation/space-group symmetry
relationship that will make these 2 maps (and the models they go with)
overlap.

All the best,
Tom T