[phenixbb] Question about scale of ED maps from phenix vs map coeffs when displayed in COOT

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Fri Mar 20 16:12:54 PDT 2009

That was (and is) always a mystery for me: when I look at two maps (both
coming from phenix.refine):
- one is computed in COOT from phenix.refine map coefficients, and
- another one displayed in PyMol using X-plor formatted map.

To make both maps looking identical I have to draw them at different
sigma levels, sometime very different. This is true for both fo-fc and
2fo-fc maps.

I have some ideas but no any proofs so I don't want to put my
speculations to the bb. So, I have no answer... May be Ralf or Paul E...?

Pavel.