[phenixbb] questoin about AutoBuild

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Sat Jun 27 16:07:00 PDT 2009

Hi  Qun,

If you say "phenix.autobuild after_autosol" then autobuild will take the
autosol run that gave the highest score, so in your case that seems to
have been #5.

If you want to carry on with a different run, you want to say something like:

 phenix.autobuild data=AutoSol_run_5_/exptl_fobs_freer_flags_3.mtz \
 map_file=AutoSol_run_5_/resolve_3.mtz \
seq_file=zntb-sd.seq

Notes:
1.  use resolve_xx.mtz as a map file, never as a "data" file. It contains
coefficients for a density-modified map
2. I recommend not including the model from autosol in your autobuild
runs. Autobuild is a lot better at building a model.
3. The data file for autobuild should be
AutoSol_run_5_/exptl_fobs_freer_flags_3.mtz in this case;  note that the
"3" here matches the "3" in resolve_3.mtz and is for solution #3 of run 5.
4. To see what files to use here, see the file
"AutoBuild_run_5_/AutoBuild_summary.dat which lists the solutions for run
5, and all the files that go with each solution.

An aside: I would use the R value and not the Rfree value to make
decisions about which solution to take.  This will help keep the Rfree
"free". It will also give the same result almost all the time.

All the best,
Tom T