[phenixbb] tightening geometry

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Fri Jul 10 14:07:23 PDT 2009

Hi Patrick,

I think I have an answer for you (at least partial)...

In your refinement run you do refinement of only group B-factors:
strategy=group_adp
so the parameter wxc_scale=0.??? (which is used in restrained individual
coordinate refinement) is not used.

Did you try to run it with the default strategy and using
"optimize_wxc=true optimize_wxu=true". It may take sometime (depending
on the size of your structure) but it is likely to give you the best
result. Alternatively, you can specify your own numbers for wxc_scale
and/or wxu_scale but make sure that you actually asked phenix.refine to
do refinement of individual coordinates and/or individual ADPs (by
making sure that individual_sites and/or individual_adp are in the
"strategy").

Please let me know if you have any other questions or problems!
Pavel.

PS> By default, phenix.refine refines individual coordinates and
B-factors, and occupancies of atoms in alternative conformations or
those having partial occupancies in input PDB file.