[phenixbb] map output by phenix.refine

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 1 18:05:12 PDT 2009

Hi dream830106,

- the MTZ file with map coefficients "_map_coeffs.mtz" contains
coefficients for fours maps. What COOT decides to show you by default
obviously does not mean that the MTZ file contains only these maps. In
fact, COOT shows you 2mFo-DFc and mFo-DFc maps if you use automatic map
(this is what I always do): consult COOT manual for details.

- to get maps with custom coefficients, like 3Fo-2Fc, you need to ask
phenix.refine to compute these maps. This is explained in phenix.refine
manual:
http://phenix-online.org/documentation/refinement.htm#anch70

- to see what's inside of your MTZ file, simply type:
phenix.mtz.dump file_name.mtz

Pavel.