[phenixbb] feature suggestion: B-sharp

Engin Ozkan eozkan at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 23 15:03:17 PST 2009

Not personally. Two people in the lab have done it and are significantly
benefiting (and I cannot volunteer their datasets, since the structures
are not finished or published yet). However, you can probably get from
the pdb database the Delabarre and Brunger data for p97/VCP at 4.4 A
(PDB ID: 1YQ0) as explained in Acta Cryst D 62 p. 923. It is implemented
in CNS following this paper.

Among our lab people the two cases where it really worked were both 3.5
A datasets with experimental phasing (as the Brunger papers also point
out to), and in cases without experimental phasing, I have not seen much
improvement.  The magical values in one case was -100 A^2, and in the
other -50 to -100 (For the published Brunger data, it was -120).

Thank you,

Engin