[phenixbb] rfree flag fractions

Yusuf Akhter yusuf.akhter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 11:58:35 PST 2009

Hi Everybody!

I am using phenix version 1.3b for refining a structure at 3 A resolution
and total number of total reflections are 12680.

I have seen a provision in phenix to change the default maximal number of
test flags to be generated and the fraction with this command line

 xray_data.r_free_flags.fraction=0.05 xray_data.r_free_flags.max_free=500

My queries are

1)when should somebody use this utility ??
2)what is minimum number of Rfree flags one should use on this
resolution and this total number of reflections??

Any kind of suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers!
Yusuf