[phenixbb] links and REMARK 3 record in the final PDB

Pascal Egea pascal at msg.ucsf.edu
Mon Feb 23 11:33:37 PST 2009

Dear All,
I apologize if this question has already been answered.
I am refining a structure of a glycosylated-enzyme and I understood the way
to define all the links (N-glycosylation to the ASN and beta-glycosidic
bonds between the NAG units) and refinement is complete and everything is
good. All the links I included in my cif_link definition file where taken
into account and dealt with by Phenix (the .def and .geo files are fine). Is
it normal however that in the resulting refined PDB file, no such links are
written by PHENIX under the REMARK 3 record ? Same thing for the 5 disulfide
bonds present in the protein.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Pascal Egea
University of California San Francisco
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
Laboratory of Robert Stroud