[phenixbb] map coeffs?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Feb 3 09:31:38 PST 2009

Hi Walter,

yes, the latest version of phenix.refine creates four maps:

2mFo-DFc and mFo-DFc, where missing Fo are filled with DFc,

and

2mFo-DFc and mFo-DFc, where Fo are taken and used "as is" (the
corresponding coefficients in "_map_coeffs.mtz" file are marked with
"_no_fill").

Maps computed with "filled" Fobs are supposed to be better looking (for
incomplete datasets) and may help in resolving unclear / ambiguous
densities. However, you need to use regular maps (computed with
untouched Fobs) for presenting pictures in publications.

Pavel.