[phenixbb] Specifying the number of processors to run phenix with

Nathaniel Echols NEchols at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 31 14:22:04 PDT 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Pavel Afonine wrote:
> phenix.refine cannot use advantage of multiple CPUs. I think the "--
> nproc=4" keyword in your example below is a valid keyword for
> phenix.autobuild, but not for phenix.refine.

Actually, it's just "nproc=4" without the "--".

You can use multiple CPUs for the FFTs in phenix.refine if you compile
from source with OpenMP support (add "--openmp" to the arguments when
running the install script; this requires GCC 4.2 or better, or
Intel's compiler, and perhaps others).  I think it will automatically
use as many CPUs as possible.  It's probably not going to help much,
though.

Nathaniel Echols
Lawrence Berkeley Lab
510-486-5136