[phenixbb] Best first map for RESOLVE after MR

Randy J. Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 31 12:51:32 PDT 2009

Hi,

A map from phenix.refine is probably better, if you're going to choose one,
for two reasons:

1. As you say, it includes a proper bulk solvent contribution. 2. Phaser
doesn't (at least yet -- we might get around to putting it in some day)
refine the Sigma(A) values, so the weights are determined from the guesses
about the RMS error of the model.

I think Phaser usually does a pretty good job of rigid-body refinement, but
it shouldn't hurt to repeat this step in phenix.refine. If there are any
domains that might move, this would be a good time to refine them as
separate rigid bodies.

Regards,

Randy Read