[phenixbb] AutoBuild help

Timothy C. Umland umland at hwi.buffalo.edu
Tue Aug 18 08:31:18 PDT 2009

I am new to running the AutoMR and AutoBuild Wizards, and I am having a
problem getting AutoBuild to run.

I have run AutoMR and it appeared to run fine, yielding a solution. However,
when it did the default hand-off of the MR solution to AutoBuild, AutoBuild
crashed. I then tried to run AutoBuild by itself, using the MR solution as
the input model. Again, AutoBuild crashed.

The error was the same in both cases. I was running AutoMR and AutoBuild
from the command line. I am running Phenix version 1.4-3 on an Intel Mac (OS
X 10.5.8).

The AutoBuild error was

****
Failed to carry out AutoBuild_build_cycle:

child process stderr output:
  command: 'csh /AutoBuild_run_3_/TEMP0/RUN_FILE_1'
  sort: invalid option -- 4
  Try `sort --help' for more information.
****

I tried the suggested "sort --help", but at least to me it wasn't helpful. I
am guessing that I have some incompatibility with my local installation of
"sort" and Phenix? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim