[phenixbb] Exploded ligands and phenix...

Ruben Van der Meeren ruben.vandermeeren at ugent.be
Tue Apr 28 14:36:16 PDT 2009

Hi Maia,

I assume that it is phenix. Because when I refine with refmac5, the
ligand doesn't explode.
I too had such problems in coot as you describe, but these are fixed
now. The cif file was corrupted. So when I used "real space refine
zone" in coot the ligand break up (what in fact happen, is that coot
doesn't show the bond if it is deviates too far from normal e.g. 2A in
stead of 1.5A, but pymol does which give this kind of strange
structures: http://gallery.me.com/ruben.vandermeeren#100216   -->
"pymol version of exploded ligand").

This problem of the cif file is solved now (using the PRODRG server).
And as Ralf said, this "new" cif file seems to be correct. But is
there a change that phenix cannot read the cif file properly?

Ruben