[phenixbb] Exploded ligands and phenix...

Ruben Van der Meeren ruben.vandermeeren at ugent.be
Tue Apr 28 11:56:51 PDT 2009

Hi Ralf,

The coordinates of the ligand in the file I use for refinement are
similar to those I posted. I uploaded an overlay of the original
ligand and the ligand in my model. Green is model, blue is original...
You can see the picture on this site:

http://gallery.me.com/ruben.vandermeeren/100216

The cryst1 card of the pdb is the next:
CRYST1   98.500  104.050  415.200  90.00  90.00  90.00 P 21 21 21

The structure has 4 monomers in which I modeled a ligand monomer A and
B. I also checked the .geo file. In most cases (for bonds and Angles)
the model is almost equal to the ideal. For dihedrals there is much
more disagreement. E.g. for one dihedral the model is 168° whereas the
ideal is -60°. For non-bound interactions the distance is sometimes
less than the VDW-radius. Could this be the problem? But this is in
fact the thing I want to refine.

The log file can be downloaded here:
files.me.com/ruben.vandermeeren/9tuifv

Ruben