[phenixbb] viewing previous refinement run validation report

Nathaniel Echols NEchols at lbl.gov
Wed Apr 22 15:50:17 PDT 2009

On Apr 22, 2009, at 3:00 PM, CK wrote:
> 	I am using the phenix 1.4-43 gui to run phenix.refine on my structure
> and so far I'm very impressed.   However, after running a refinement
> job I had to close the gui before I was finished examining the
> validation report and now would like to look at it again.  Upon
> relaunching the gui I can't seem to find a way to reload log files/
> validation reports from previous runs.  Am I missing something obvious
> here or is the feature not yet implemented?

Not yet implemented - I'm still trying to decide the best way to track
previous jobs.  But I'm working on it right now, actually*.

In the short term, download tonight's installer (1.4-44) when it's
ready (probably early AM tomorrow) and I promise this will work:

% phenix.refine_gui --restore-session=Refine_0

The required data is already kept in hidden object files for exactly
this reason - it's just been missing a recall mechanism.  There will
be a simple graphical way to do this once job tracking is in place.

-Nat

(* By the way, anyone who has strong feelings about how this should
work is encouraged to email me off-list.)

Nathaniel Echols
Lawrence Berkeley Lab
510-486-5136
NEchols at lbl.gov