[phenixbb] Post-doctoral position available with Phaser team

Randy J. Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 24 09:34:53 PDT 2008

We are looking to expand the team developing our program Phaser, for use
within both the CCP4 and Phenix packages.  Our goals include expanding the
functionality to new phasing experiments (in addition to the options for
molecular replacement and SAD that exist in the current version), and
enhancing the automation of Phaser runs.

The ideal applicant would be someone with experience solving macromolecular
crystal structures and programming in both C++ and Python.  However, if you
only have experience in one of those areas, but a strong desire to expand
your skills, then you might be the right person.

If you're interested, please look at the formal advertisement
(http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/hr/jobs/vacancies.cgi?job=4017), and
submit an application as described there.  I'm also happy to answer any
informal enquiries.  The position is funded by a grant from the Wellcome
Trust, which extends to May 2013.

Please note that the closing date for applications is 2 October 2008.

Regards,

Randy Read