[phenixbb] phenix.refine output map format

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Fri Oct 24 19:48:39 PDT 2008

> The reason why I ask is that 64-bit Coot fails to read MTZ files [1]

That's weird. We are using the cmtz library essentially directly from
the current ccp4 cvs. Reading and writing mtz files is routinely and
heavily exercised on all platforms we support, and is known to work
flawlessly everywhere, including a bunch of 64-bit platforms. It is
not too long ago that I ran the tests with valgrind, which reported
0 errors.

Are you compiling with -fno-strict-aliasing? That could in theory
be important.

If that doesn't help, what are the symptoms of the mtz read failure?

Ralf