[phenixbb] sa_omit-map

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Sat Oct 18 18:48:51 PDT 2008

Hi Matthieu,

> Hi,
> omit-map works fine for me but I have two items on my wish list.
>
> 1) Can we compute a difference-map (mFo-DFc map instead of mFo-DFc map) ?

I have not tried this, but I think that  if we set the occupancies of all
the atoms in an OMIT region to 0.0, then if we calculate a difference map
mFo-DFc then this will look almost exactly like the mFo-DFc map because Fc
leads to no density in the OMIT region.  Won't that be so?  Let me know if
 I have missed something in this!

> 2) Is it possible to play with the size of the area omitted around the
> selection ?

Yes, you can do this with the keyword:

offset_boundary=1.0

All the best,