[phenixbb] helix deformed during refinement in phenix

Raja Dey rdey at usc.edu
Mon Oct 13 15:55:53 PDT 2008

Dear All,
            I am using phenix to refine a long helix of about 120 residues in a complex structure, but in course of refinement the helix becoming distorted from helical geometry. As a result when I am displaying the refined structure in pymol as cartoon one long helix showed 3/4 discontinuous helices in a single chain. Is there any way to constrain or restrain the helix during refinement, so that refinement process can maintain the helical geometry? Any suggestion is well appreciated.
With regards...
Raja

Raja Dey, Ph.D.
Research Associate