[phenixbb] Files generated in Autobuild from simulated annealing runs

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Tue Oct 7 08:23:02 PDT 2008

Hi Rebecca,

I'm sorry this didn't get answered on the phenix_bb! I somehow missed
it too.

When you run an omit map with

model=mymodel.pdb  omit_box_pdb=mymodel.pdb omit_res_start_list=500
omit_res_end_list=500

the autobuild wizard edits mymodel.pdb, setting the occupancies of all
atoms that are within a box enclosing the atoms in residue 500 of
mymodel.pdb (plus a 2 A border) to zero.  Then it runs the cycles of
autobuild you specify (in this case just a SA step), and produces a
density-modified map (resolve_composite_map.mtz) using the resulting
model to generate phase information (and keeping the occupancies of
these atoms at zero). If mydata.mtz contains phase information, that
is used as well.

The output map is in

resolve_composite_map.mtz

and a pseudo-map showing where the OMIT region(s) is(are) located is in

omit_region.mtz

The  file

overall_best_denmod_map_coeff.mtz

is actually not really relevant or useful when you are doing OMIT maps
because it is just one of the intermediate files that are produced.
In this particular example it will be identical to
resolve_composite_map.mtz but if you do other types of OMIT maps it
won't be the same.

I changed the output of the autobuild wizard recently, so you might
want to upgrade to the 1.3-final version. The end of the log file in
this case should say:

Summary of model-building for run 1  Tue Oct  7 08:17:30 2008
Files are in the directory:  /net/chevy/raid1/terwill/misc/test/
AutoBuild_run_1_/

Starting mtz file: /net/chevy/raid1/terwill/misc/test/perfect.mtz
Sequence file: /net/chevy/raid1/terwill/misc/test/seq.dat

Composite omit map is in : /net/chevy/raid1/terwill/misc/test/
AutoBuild_run_1_/OMIT/resolve_composite_map.mtz

Boundaries of omit regions are in : /net/chevy/raid1/terwill/misc/test/
AutoBuild_run_1_/OMIT/omit_region.mtz

Which I hope is clearer than earlier output in which the
overall_best_denmod_map_coeff.mtz file is mentioned but is irrelevant.

I hope that helps!
All the best,
Tom T