[phenixbb] How to use the STIR command in phenix.refine?

nick at silvaggi.com nick at silvaggi.com
Thu Mar 13 12:42:04 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am refining a high-resolution X-ray structure and I would like to
gradually increase the resolution from 1.5 to 1.0A, as I used to do in
shelxl. I know the STIR command is the way to do this, but I cannot
figure out the syntax to use. Currently I am using the following
commands:

high_resolution = 1.0
low_resolution = None
stir = 1.5

When I run phenix.refine (2008_02_08_1610) it echos a line that says
"STIR 1.5" before the first macrocycle, but at each stage I see
"(resolution: 1.00 - 21.77)." Obviously I am not using the STIR
command correctly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

Nick Silvaggi
Department of Physiology and Biophysics
Boston University School of Medicine