[phenixbb] How to generate an anomalous map in PHENIX?

Schubert, Carsten [PRDUS] CSCHUBER at prdus.jnj.com
Tue Jun 17 09:52:27 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to make an anomalous map in the latest phenix. After refinement of a medium resolution structure (1.8A) with anomalous data (and signal) I used the ANOM and PHANOM columns in the map_coeffs.mtz file to generate a map. The map was created either in coot or via fft, but shows no anomalous peaks for a present Cl1 nor for SS bonds.  It rather mimics a noisy protein map. Generation of an anomalous map in CNX using the same data (FOBS(+/-) and HL coeffs(calc) ) produces a nice map with the expected peaks. Am I misunderstanding the purpose of the ANOM/PHANOM columns or is this feature not implemented yet.

Cheers

	Carsten