[phenixbb] iotbx.shelx.from_ins

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Thu Jan 10 10:03:01 PST 2008

> The reason that I was receiving the exception was that the continuation
> lines in the .RES file were incorrect.

OK. It would still be good for us to produce a clear error message.
Was it just the whitespace missing in the continuation line?

> As a side question, how would I get bond data from the structure
> returned from the from_ins function so as to be able to render the bonds
> between the atoms?

Would distance-based determination work for you? (As opposed to
user-defined bonds.)
Look for structure.show_distances() in
cctbx/cctbx/xray/structure.py
to get a start. Let me know if you need more help. It is a fairly
complex procedure because of comprehensive handling of special
positions.
The core data strucutre behind the distance calculations is
the pair_asu_table, which is closely tied to the asu_mappings
class.

Ralf