[phenixbb] [MSpam] Re: Clashes problem

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Mon Feb 11 13:00:28 PST 2008

Hi Jianghai,

the answers to both of your questions are YES:

- running phenix.refine with "wxc_scale=0" is essentially the same as
performing a pure geometry regularization (no Xray contribution is
accounted for). It is just less time efficient since even if you say
"wxc_scale=0", phenix.refine still compute all X-ray related things like
X-ray targets, R-factors, do bulk-solvent correction etc...

- yes, phenix.refine will use all your custom bond definitions
regardless the value of "wxc_scale" parameter.

Pavel.