[phenixbb] Clashes problem

Simon Kolstoe s.kolstoe at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 11 07:01:12 PST 2008

Are there not restraints to prevent steric clashes? In cns I seem to
recall that the energy terms went through the roof if atoms got too
close together.

Secondly, if I remove the clashes through model building and then run
phenix.refine both my R and Rfree go up, and phenix actually puts some
of the clashes back again - does the community accept deposited pdb's
with such obviously poor chemistry?

Simon