[phenixbb] rmsd: phenix vs refmac

Frank von Delft frank.vondelft at sgc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 15 18:21:51 PST 2008

Hi

I thought that a while ago, I read somewhere that rmsd(bonds) had not
been calculated the same way in phenix as in refmac.  I believe it was
in connection with automated weights, and that rmsd(bonds) always much
lower in phenix.

I understood too that this had been adjusted since to match refmac.

But we're still seeing some much lower rmsd(bond) from phenix:  in
particular, when we take a refmac model and plug it straight into
phenix, the rmsd for cycle zero is already much lower than what it was
at the end of refmac.

Could someone enlighten...?  (Yup, latest version of phenix.)

Thanks!
phx