[phenixbb] Keeping the same origin

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Thu Dec 11 10:15:16 PST 2008

Hi Mo,

The easiest way to compare and display maps from autosol that have
different origins is to let phenix.get_cc_mtz_mtz do the work for you:
it will compare a pair of mtz files with map coefficients (FP PHIB
FOM) and calculate the cc of the corresponding maps after applying the
origin shift that maximizes this cc.  It also writes out the shifted
2nd MTZ file in temp_dir/offset.mtz so you can display that map.

All the best,
Tom T

Thomas C. Terwilliger
Mail Stop M888
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545

Tel:  505-667-0072                 email: terwilliger at LANL.gov
Fax: 505-665-3024                 SOLVE web site: http://solve.lanl.gov
PHENIX web site: http:www.phenix-online.org
ISFI Integrated Center for Structure and Function Innovation web site: http://techcenter.mbi.ucla.edu
TB Structural Genomics Consortium web site: http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/TB