[phenixbb] Resolution cutoffs. Always debated?

Francis E Reyes Francis.Reyes at Colorado.EDU
Tue Aug 19 15:25:00 PDT 2008

I need to put this in front of (this) crystallographic community.

What are the criteria for cutting a resolution for data reduction ?

Rmerge, I/sig, mean I/sig, completeness... more?

I once believed that I/Sig (not averaged) greater than 2 was the
cutoff, but I've read online (particularly http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg02576.html)
  that this is no longer the case because of maximum likelihood. I
would love to know why this is the case as well as poll the community
on how they cut off their data.

Thanks

FR

Francis Reyes M.Sc.
215 UCB
University of Colorado at Boulder

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 67BA8D5D

8AE2 F2F4 90F7 9640 28BC  686F 78FD 6669 67BA 8D5D