[phenixbb] sharing the ext_ref_files between multiple installations

Paul Adams PDAdams at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 18 09:37:10 PDT 2008

The files are platform independent, but can change from version to
version. So within the same version of PHENIX you can use the symlink.

On Aug 18, 2008, at 9:31 AM, Ben Eisenbraun wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm wondering if it's possible for me to put the ext_ref_files
> directory
> into a shared location and then symlink that directory into multiple
> PHENIX installations to save some disk space.  Are the files
> specific to
> a particular PHENIX version?  Or to a specific CPU architecture?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -ben
>
> --
> Ben Eisenbraun
> Structural Biology Grid                           Harvard Medical
> School
> http://sbgrid.org                                 http://hms.harvard.edu

Paul Adams
Deputy Division Director, Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence
Berkeley Lab
Adjunct Professor, Department of Bioengineering, U.C. Berkeley
Vice President for Technology, the Joint BioEnergy Institute
Head, Berkeley Center for Structural Biology

Building 64, Room 248
Tel: 1-510-486-4225, Fax: 1-510-486-5909
http://cci.lbl.gov/paul

Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road
BLDG 64R0121