[phenixbb] phenix.reduce

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 12 22:02:17 PDT 2008

Hi Mark,

I'm not 100% sure, but...

1) I think by default phenix.reduce adds H atoms to main conformations only;

2) You need to use "-ALLALT" option to ask it to add H to all
conformations (type "phenix.reduce -h" for large list of options);

I hope the developers at Duke will provide their expert feedback on this...

Also (this I know for sure -:) ), if you use phenix.ready_set (Nigel is
the author of it) then it will internally run phenix.reduce to add H to
macromolecule and it will use its own jiffies to add H to ligands, plus
it will create a cif file that will be consistent with all newly added
hydrogens.

Pavel.