[phenixbb] ncs in phenix.autobuild

wang kaituo kaituowang at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 08:11:06 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I failed in running phenix.autobuild. The end of the logfile said :
Build cycle 2 of 11   method:rebuild

...Using simple_ncs_from_pdb to find NCS
Residues expected:  [62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74]
Residues found   :  []

Failed to carry out AutoBuild_build_cycle:

Did not find expected residues in get_xyz_list
The two ncs chain sequence is not exactly same , some sidechain missing and
some connectivity not well.
But the residue 62-74 is there in both chains. Have the ncs group to be
exactly same to find NCS? how can i fix this?

ps: phenix.simple_ncs_from_map works well with my pdb. using the ncs_spec
file also not works

many thanks

kaituo