[phenixbb] Wishful thinking with AutoBuild?

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Mon Aug 4 11:03:40 PDT 2008

Hi Francis,

I would say that a standard run of autobuild needs a decent map (after
density modification) where you can see where a model would be built.

If you have a worse map than that, or low resolution (>3.5 A), then try
this keyword:

helices_strands_only=True

in which case autobuild will run a lot faster and just try to build
secondary structure in, skipping all the loops and skipping chain
extension.  It can build helices where you can hardly see them. If you are
lucky then the map will get better after this..then you can try feeding
the resulting overall_best_denmod_map_coeffs.mtz and overall_best.pdb in
to a regular run of autobuild.

Best of luck,
-Tom T