[phenixbb] NCS problem

Francis E Reyes Francis.Reyes at Colorado.EDU
Tue Apr 22 14:05:27 PDT 2008

Not an answer but another question:

What reason would you be keeping NCS with a moderately complete model
at 1.7A?

I would guess that keeping NCS restraints at such a high resolution
and completeness would count against you, if not the solvent exposed
side chains having different conformations among the molecules in the
asu then it would be different solvent configurations around each
molecule in the asu.

Or maybe you have a super symmetric assembly, but even then in a case
where I have three molecules in the ASU, adding NCS seemed to hurt
refinement statistics when I had most (90% or better) residues built.

Curious.

FR