[phenixbb] random seed to phenix.reflection_file_converter

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Fri Apr 18 13:05:15 PDT 2008

>      Is there a way to provide a random seed to
> "phenix.reflection_file_converter" such that two runs will produce the
> same result (the same reflection set flagged as free)? What would be
> the syntax? For while I could only find for the context of refinement
> and simulated annealing ...

Sorry, the option is missing.
However, you can easily patch the script to set the random seed.
Please try this:

cp $PHENIX/iotbx/iotbx/command_line/reflection_file_converter.py myrfc.py

Edit myrfc.py and insert these lines between "import sys" and "def run():":

from cctbx.array_family import flex
import random
flex.set_random_seed(0)
random.seed(0)