[phenixbb] Phenix on Altix 350 ?

Sankar Narayanan Manicka sankar at mkustrbioinfo.com
Tue Apr 15 22:57:16 PDT 2008

Sir,

I downloaded the cci_apps self extractor from the link.

The altix 350 comes with Suse linux so downloaded Suse 9.2 [EM64T] version.

The installation failed

Running command: ./cci_apps_install_script.csh
Build tag:
2008_02_08_1610
Sorry: The installer is not suitable for this platform.
Installation aborted.

sincerely
sankar

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
>> I would like to install Phenix on an SGI Altix 350 server with five 64
>> bit intel itanium processors. How do i proceed ?
>>

> As a start, could you try installing the CCI Apps source bundle?
> It is available here:
>
>   http://www.phenix-online.org/download/cci_apps/
>
> Installation is very simple:
>
>   perl cci_apps_python_251_bundle.selfx 5
>
> If this works, it is probably not very difficult to make the
> full Phenix installer work, too.
> If the CCI Apps installation doesn't succeed, please send me the
> full output.
>
> Ralf

                        Sankar N.  Manicka
	C/o Prof. S. Krishnaswamy  Dept. of Genetic engineering
          School of Biotechnology  Madurai Kamaraj University
                  Madurai 625 021  TN INDIA
			  mailto:  sankar at mkustrbioinfo.com