[phenixbb] ICSG 2008 Oxford Sept. 20-24, 2008

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Mon Apr 7 09:08:11 PDT 2008

Dear PHENIX users,

I would like to encourage you to attend the 5th International
Conference on Structural Genomics Sept 20-24th!  This is the
principal conference on structural genomics; it occurs every 2 years
in a different part of the world. This year's meeting is in Oxford,
UK and will have a lot of methods talks in addition to structural
biology results.  You can register at  http://www.spine2.eu/ISGO
.   I'll look forward to seeing you in Oxford in September!

All the best,
Tom T

The 5th International Conference on Structural Genomics (ICSG 2008)
will be held in Oxford, UK on September 20-24th. The biennial
Conference is the premier meeting for the Structural Genomics
scientific community world-wide and is hosted on behalf of the
International Structural Genomics Organization (ISGO) by Professor
David Stuart at the University of Oxford, Division of Structural Biology.

The Scientific Program will contain main scientific sessions, poster
sessions, breakout discussion groups for specific topics and a social
program and we expect to attract a worldwide audience of 500 delegates.

Provisional Session Topics

- Structural genomics, systems biology and complexes

- The impact of structural genomics on treating diseases

- Maximising impact on and integration with biology

- HTP methods for membrane proteins

- Hybrid/multidisciplinary approaches

- Strategies for intrinsically unfolded proteins

- Should we expand the protein universe or concentrate on biology?

- New technologies

The venue will be in the UK at the University of Oxford Examination
Schools, High Street, Oxford. The Schools are in the heart of Oxford,
central to all colleges, the main Oxford cultural and shopping areas
and close to hotel and college accommodation.

Registration and abstract submission is now available.

Early registration and abstract submission deadline: 31st July 2008
http://www.spine2.eu/ISGO

Social program reservations closing date: August 31st

Thomas C. Terwilliger
Mail Stop M888
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545

Tel:  505-667-0072                 email: terwilliger at LANL.gov
Fax: 505-665-3024                 SOLVE web site: http://solve.lanl.gov
PHENIX web site: http:www.phenix-online.org
ISFI Integrated Center for Structure and Function Innovation web
site: http://techcenter.mbi.ucla.edu
TB Structural Genomics Consortium web site: http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/TB