[phenixbb] Twinning in phenix.autobuild?

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Mon Sep 10 10:24:52 PDT 2007

Hi Francis,

Unfortunately we have not yet incorporated twin refinement directly
into autobuild.  However you can specify this in a
"mytwinrefinement.eff" file that tells phenix.refine what to do, and
then you can read this in to autobuild with (command-line version):

refine_eff_files_list=mytwinrefinement.eff

(or from the GUI by filling in the blank under "Refinement parameters
files (optional)".

All the best,
Tom T

At 11:16 AM 9/10/2007, Francis E Reyes wrote:
>Hello all
>

>So I discovered from xtriage that my crystal is twinned.  I have a
>pretty decent model that xtriage says has an r/rfree of 30/30 to a
>resolution of 2.6. I wanted to try a phenix.autobuild at 2.8A.  I
>couldn't find a parameter flag for autobuild that turns on twinning.
>
>I already autobuilt this model once, and the xtriage log did find
>that the crystal was twinned, but twinning in refinement of the
>model during rebuilding wasn't turned on.
>
>Is there a way to tell autobuild to rebuild using twinning?
>
>Thanks
>
>FR

>Francis Reyes M.Sc.
>215 UCB
>University of Colorado at Boulder
>
>gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 67BA8D5D
>
>8AE2 F2F4 90F7 9640 28BC  686F 78FD 6669 67BA 8D5D

Thomas C. Terwilliger
Mail Stop M888
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545

Tel:  505-667-0072                 email: terwilliger at LANL.gov
Fax: 505-665-3024                 SOLVE web site: http://solve.lanl.gov
PHENIX web site: http:www.phenix-online.org
ISFI Integrated Center for Structure and Function Innovation web
site: http://techcenter.mbi.ucla.edu
TB Structural Genomics Consortium web site: http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/TB