[phenixbb] 1.3 beta rc3 version FC2 gui error

wgscott at chemistry.ucsc.edu wgscott at chemistry.ucsc.edu
Fri Oct 12 09:41:27 PDT 2007

Hi Bala:

There should be a package called something like

libstdc++6

that you need to install.

You might want to ditch redhat/fedora for Ubuntu.  Ubuntu is 100% free, the repositories are
freely accessible and easy to use, it has great internationalization, and is an absolute pleasure
to use compared to rh/fc.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

You can download and burn a disk image that you can boot from if you want to try it out. A new release (Gutsy) is scheduled for sometime in October (6 days from now), but I am already using it and can verify it works fine with phenix and everything else I can think of (coot, ccp4, cns, O, ...).

http://tinyurl.com/2a2rkk

The default window manager is gnome, but KDE (kubuntu) and Xfce (Xubuntu) are also available.  I recommend installing the default one first, and then you can simply download the others to try them out.

HTH,

Bill

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:43:48 +0900