[phenixbb] freeR syntax question in phenix.refine

Simon Newstead s.newstead at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 20 11:08:30 PDT 2007

Dear BB,

Sorry for the obvious question, but I couldn't find a description of
the syntax for the FreeR flag function in phenix.refine.  Is there a
paragraph on the phenix web site that explains what I should put in
these fields:

r_free_flags {
     file_name = "S19_sigmaa1.mtz"
     label = "FreeR_flag"
     test_flag_value = 0 --> don't know what this means?
     disable_suitability_test = False --> implications of this?

I was running refinement from an mtz file from sigmaa in ccp4 with an
appropriate FreeR flag designated in the MTZ file.  phenix.refine
worked fine and seemed to exclude the test reflections, but I wanted
to know what these commands do.

Cheers,

Simon.