[phenixbb] Binary file not executable during installation?

Paul Adams PDAdams at lbl.gov
Fri Jun 1 09:46:33 PDT 2007

Hi Lauris,

   the python in /common should not be used by PHENIX. I suggest that
you completely remove the installation you have and restart from scratch
with the intel-2.4 installer of the 1.3b version of PHENIX, available at:

	http://www.phenix-online.org/download/index.html

   If you still have problems let me know.

   Cheers,
	Paul

lkemp at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk wrote:
> Hello BB
>
> I am trying to install Phenix on Suse 9.3. I went for the 2.6 version
> as i got this: 2.6.11.4-21.17-smp i686 when i typed uname.
> However it required libtermcap.so.2 so i switched to the 2.4 version
> as suggested on a previous BB query. This however also goes wrong:
> This time the binary.log file says that python in /common is not executable
> I checked and this was due to the need for libstdc++.so.6. I made a softlink
> directing this to the .5 version but it doesnt like this. Does anyone have
> any ideas???
>
> Thank you in advance for any help
>
> Lauris

Paul Adams
Senior Staff Scientist, Physical Biosciences Division
Head, Berkeley Center for Structural Biology
Deputy Principal Investigator, Berkeley Structural Genomics Center

Building 64, Room 248
Tel: 510-486-4225, Fax: 510-486-5909
http://cci.lbl.gov/

Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory