[phenixbb] Using the Same Test Set in AutoBuild and Phenix.Refine

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Fri Dec 28 18:22:08 PST 2007

Hi Dale,

Can you try something else:

phenix.refine    AutoBuild_run_12_/overall_best.pdb \
 refinement.input.xray_data.file_name=\
 AutoBuild_run_12/exptl_fobs_freeR_flags.mtz \
  refinement.main.high_resolution=2.2 refinement.main.low_resolution=20 \
           /usr/users/dale/geometry/chromophores/bcl_tnt.cif

This differs from your run only by substituting

AutoBuild_run_12/exptl_fobs_freeR_flags.mtz

for your 2 refinement data files.  This is the exact file that is used in
refinement by AutoBuild.

I agree that you should be able to use your original data file instead.  A
possible reason why this has failed is that the original data file has a
couple reflections for which there is no data...and which were tossed by
AutoBuild before creating exptl_fobs_freeR_flags.mtz . Two files that
differ only in reflections with no data will still give different
checksums, I think.

All the best,
Tom T