[phenixbb] Can geometry restraints include non-ideal target values?

Joe Krahn krahn at niehs.nih.gov
Fri Dec 7 09:46:30 PST 2007

However, they all use hard-wired sugar puckers. PHENIX is currently
essentially the same as REFMAC. They do better than CNS only because the
restraint energies are reduced. Although they won't pull atoms
completely out of the density, they still produce bad geometries when
the actual sugar puckers differ. I just created a C2'-endo patch for
PHENIX, which was needed to avoid getting several strained angles.

Joe