[phenixbb] Problems running demo

Nigel W. Moriarty nwmoriarty at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 31 14:12:25 PDT 2006

Miguel

Thank you for forwarding your solution.  I have included it below so it
can be sent to all board users.  It will also go into the FAQ.

Nigel

Nigel,

I think I found the answer. I put your file as a replacement of the
original one, but got the same result. However, something told me that
this could be a locale problem. My locale is Spanish and this causes
some problems to programs such as ARP/wARP and Coot. The reason is that
we use commas ',' to separate decimals from the integer part and dots
'.' to separate powers multiple of 3; that is, the contrary of the
English way. So I did:

export LC_ALL=C
phenix &

And now it works (I have moved already to the third out of four screens
in the demo)

So, I would add the LC_ALL directive in my setup for phenix. Perhaps a
FAQ with this would be a good idea for people in Spain, France and
Germany  ;-)

I will let you know if there are any other issues.

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers,

Miguel

--
Nigel W. Moriarty
Building 64R0246B, Physical Biosciences Division